Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I'm So Excited


"I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it.
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it."


Saturday, June 13th, 2015.

The Pointer Sisters are blasting away in my head and I'm so excited too.  The 20th year celebration of Abreast in a Boat's amazing international success is this afternoon.  And I was fortunate to be an "Original" paddler at the very first paddle and competitions of Abreast in a Boat dragon boat paddling.

Today, once again, I get to churn the waters of Vancouver's False Creek with other "Original" teammates, novices and paddlers who have each faced breast cancer. Spitfires, all of them!

I'm dressed and ready with my first t-shirt, paddling gloves, sunscreen and most importantly, my old paddle with the names of my original team mates hand written, indelibly all over it.  Many of us will be partying and those who couldn't make it will be there in spirit and on the blade of my paddle.  It's a bit beat up, the varnish has dulled a wee, but it Still Works!  Yea.

 20 years — I'm so excited!













Judy Caldwell

Founder
Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation - BC/Yukon Region

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on the On All Fronts blog! We'd love to read your feedback on this post.